Basecamp Hotels: Built for Exploring
A comfortable, friendly hotel that prepares travelers for exploring their destination by giving them a great night’s sleep and inspirational, cozy communal spaces where they can share stories and learn from other like–minded explorers.”
Basecamp South Lake Tahoe is a new boutique hotel built for exploring the incredible lakes, trails, and mountains in the Lake Tahoe Basin. We are located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe, a short 5 minute walk to the lake and an even shorter 4 minute walk to the Heavenly Gondola. Our 50 stylish rooms are designed for adventure and relaxation seekers alike, with modern amenities, plenty of style, and affordable prices. Come stay with us and let Basecamp Hotel be your springboard for your Lake Tahoe adventure.
- We have a distinctive personality that’s built on hospitality and respect. We’ll strive to make your stay hassle-free so you can enjoy all of the great activities that the lake has to offer
- We help our guests become instant locals – no other hotel knows more about places to explore than we do
- Our cozy lobby is the heart of our hotel. We encourage our guests to come meet new people and share their stories.
- We respect the environment and the local communities in which we operate. Basecamp is a green hotel. From the products and amenities we use right through to the bank who made our project possible, we believe in protecting and preserving our natural resources
- We welcome anyone with an explorer’s spirit. We want Basecamp Hotel to be your home away from home
In April of 2011, Basecamp Founder Christian Strobel lamented the fact that there are no high style but affordable hotels that embody the spirit of exploration. They wanted to build a hotel reflecting the ideals of a base camp, a place where people can come together to share stories and exchange tips before heading out on their adventure. With the help of designer Elaine Cotter, they turned their vision into a stylish reality. Exploration is in the DNA of Basecamp Hotels and it’s what makes us an exciting place to stay in Lake Tahoe.